Thursday, November 30, 2006
Due to unforeseen circumstances we will have to move the location of Saturday's competition from Mount Pearl Intermediate to O'Donel High School. O'Donel is a short way up and across the street from MPI (on the corner next to the lights).
I sent out an email to all teams and attached a competition schedule for Saturday's competition in MS Excel format.
Reminders and Rules
I have been asked to pass along a few reminders and rules for the competition.
- Only students on the team and mentors/coaches are permitted in the pit area. Team coaches/mentors are asked to make sure that this rule is being followed and ask any individuals that are not permitted in the area to leave. There is a public seating area where these people can sit and watch the competition.
- Due to space limitations in the O'Donel gym, and in an effort to preserve the equal opportunity of teams at the competition, mats are not permitted to be setup in the pit area by any teams. We will have two practice mats setup during the competition and teams will be scheduled times to practice. You are asked to make sure you follow the schedule and there will be a referee placed at the tables to assist with keeping the schedule.
- Please remember to bring a box to cover your RCX and LEGO Tower at your table when you download your programs.
Clar Button and Dwight Howse are the official FLL reps that will be running the competition this Saturday. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact them.
Friday, November 10, 2006
4th Annual Intermediate Skills Challenge
Saturday, November 25th, 2006
Mount Pearl Intermediate, Ruth Avenue, Mount Pearl
8:00am – 9:30am Registration
9:30am – 10:00am Orientation – Q&A
10:00am – 3:00pm Competitions
11:00am – 2:00pm *Trade Demonstrations
4:30pm – 5:30pm Medals Presentation
*Trades demonstrations include:
Aesthetics, Hairstyling, Baking, Cooking, Bricklaying, Oil Burner Mechanic, Plumbing, Electrical Wiring, and Welding.
1. Brother Rice Junior High
2. Dunne Memorial Academy
3. Lakecrest St. John's Independent School
4. St. Francis School
5. I.J. Samson Junior High
6. St. Catherine's Academy
7. G.C. Rowe Junior High
8. St. Kevin's Junior High
9. Leary's Brook Junior High
10. Beaconsfield Junior High
11. Frank Roberts Junior High
12. Baltimore School
If your school is not on this list and should be please contact Skills Canada NL and myself right away.